Webinar: From TEAM RCIA
RCIA as the model for all parish formation
As initiation ministers, we know that the RCIA is a powerful conversion process. The bishops in Rome know it too. That’s why they said that “the model for all catechesis is the baptismal catechumenate” (General Directory for Catechesis, 59).
So far, most parishes have not taken this seriously. Very few of our formation programs follow a catechumenate model. However, if they did, it would make our job so much easier.
If the whole parish was focused on the stages and rituals of conversion—24/7—imagine how much stronger the RCIA would be in your parish.
That’s what we’re going to focus on in this important webinar. Specifically, we will explore:
- Why a catechumenate model is important for all parish formation
- What we mean by a catechumenate “model”
- How to take what we need—and no more—from the catechumenate process and apply it to parish-wide formation
- What might happen in your parish—especially to the RCIA process—if you moved toward this vision
Be sure to get this on your calendar. And invite the rest of the catechists from your parish to sit in. The ideas we will talk about could change your entire parish.
Presenters: Nick Wagner and Diana Macalintal
Date: Thursday, August 8, 2013
Time: 2:00 pm Eastern
- $15.00 for individual registration
- $37.50 for your whole parish team of three or more people
Discount registration for Premium and All Access Members* (login to get your discount)
Please join us for this important
webinar. It could change the way
you lead the catechumenate.