The Reno Catholic Project represents the work and ministry of the Office of Faith Formation, the Ethnic Ministry Office, and the Office of Catholic Schools of the Diocese of Reno. It is one component of a larger diocesan communication plan.
Our goal is to engage conversation and create an interactive venue to connect with the people of northern Nevada about Catholic teaching, doctrine and tradition. We want to hear your questions and ideas so that we might all discover a deeper relationship with Christ and fresh applications for daily life.
With that in mind, please be aware of these ground rules:
As a teaching platform of the Diocese of Reno we reserve the right to decide:
- The appropriateness of content as well as civility of tone and language;
- To edit all submitted posts for content, brevity and offensive language;
- To ensure that posts reflect Catholic Church teaching.
The purpose of this site is:
- To develop an online community which seeks to grow and support one another in faith through study, reflection, and interaction;
- To build up one another in charity;
- To possesses openness and respect for the unique contributions of others.
All comments submissions to the website will require: first name, last name, age and email address. Personal information will not be published.
Ground Rules in a Nutshell
- Don’t say anything that you would feel uncomfortable saying to your grandmother in her own living room.
- This interactive website is a tool of the Diocese of Reno. We are not obligated to provide a platform for users to post inflammatory or contrary-to-church-teaching comments. Please respect our desire and discretion for providing appropriate content for people of all ages and faiths.
- The Diocese of Reno is responsible for all content posted on this site but does not necessarily endorse other content that you may find in links after you leave this site.
Read these important paragraphs:
Every adult working at the Diocese of Reno is a mandatory reporter of all forms of abuse. In the review of any submissions including comments, if there is any reasonable cause to believe that a child or vulnerable adult has been abused or neglected, we are required to report it to law enforcement agencies and will do so immediately.
Portions of this site may allow users to post their own material. The materials posted by users do not necessarily reflect the views of Diocese of Reno. By posting materials to the Diocese of Reno web site, you represent that you have all necessary rights in and to such materials, and that such materials will not infringe on any personal or proprietary rights of any third parties, nor will such materials be harmful, defamatory, unlawful, threatening, obscene, lewd, lascivious, harassing, or otherwise legally or morally objectionable.
Diocese of Reno reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to review, edit, or delete any material posted by users that Diocese of Reno for any reason whatsoever determines may be harmful, defamatory, unlawful, threatening, obscene, lewd, lascivious, harassing, potentially in violation of any party’s rights, or otherwise legally or morally objectionable.
If you would like to read the entire official diocesan disclaimer click: Diocese of Reno Website Disclaimer