Holy Wednesday: Remind Me Who I Am
You’re back! So good to see you!
Now we can begin our Triduum retreat… a day early!
To start off, gather a few simple supplies… paper or journal… writing / drawing stuff (consider markers and/or crayons)… Bible if you have one… your computer / internet.
1. Carve out about 15 minutes of quiet time in your day when you can be free of distractions. Turn off your cell phone and your iPod; make yourself promise not to stray on the internet and click onto other sites that catch your eye. Focus on this small chunk of time only for prayer.
2. Find a piece of paper or a journal and collect something to write with… maybe even markers or crayons.
3. Watch this great music video from Jason Gray: Remind Me Who I Am… maybe watch it twice!
4. Here are some reflection questions:
What do I need to be reminded of?
Where do I experience God’s goodness in my life?
What do I need to remind other people of?
Using your paper and markers, draw some pictures or write some words to answer these questions. Take about 5 or 10 minutes.
5. Put your artistic masterpiece somewhere that you will see it regularly–near your bed / on the bathroom mirror / in a notebook or calendar. Look at is several times a day to remind yourself of who you are and who you belong to.
Tomorrow… Holy Thursday: You Are More.